Arkansas Time-Share Interest Transfer Service Bond

A new Arkansas bill that was recently enacted will require a surety bond of time-share interest transfer services providers.

Details on the New Requirement

The new bill, titled AR H 1834 amends the Arkansas Time Share Act by requiring a time-share interest transfer services provider to provide the Arkansas Real Estate Commission with, among other things, a bond in an amount determined by the commission, but can’t be larger than $25,000. The bond will be required to obtain a license.

This amended language and subsequent bond requirement does not apply to to a broker that maintained a place of business inside the state before the enactment of this legislation.

How to Apply for a Surety Bond

If you need to obtain this surety bond, you’ll need to contact a bond provider who is licensed to to business in Arkansas. JW Surety Bonds is licensed nationwide, so please apply for a free quote online, or feel free to reach out to us if you’d like assistance with obtaining this bond.

Eric is the Chief Marketing Officer of JW Surety Bonds. With years of experience in the surety industry, he is also a contributing author to the surety bond blog. He has held a range of different roles within the surety industry, from agent assistant to bond issuer, which gives him a unique insider perspective on surety related topics.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Ready to Get Started?

Get a real-time quote today. You’ll be bonded in minutes, not days!!

Get Started