Determine Which Type of License You Need:
- New Motor Vehicle Dealership
Obtain a Permanent Business Location
Before applying for your license, you must obtain a business location that meets all of the requirements for a permanently established place of business and be open for inspection. In addition, you must have:
- A sign indicating the name of the business, the name of the owner, telephone number, and that the business is a motor vehicle dealer, clearly visible and located at the front of the lot.
- A lot which is separate and apart from any other business.
Compile the Required Documents
You’ll also need to provide the following documents along with your application:
- Financial statement from the applicant and any other principals involved in the business
- Labeled photos or sketches of your place of business
- Biographies of the company’s principals
- List of your salespeople, along with an application for a New Motor Vehicles Salesperson’s License and associated license fees ($10 per salesperson or $2.50 for a license transfer)
- Letter from your lending institution addressing the floor plan and business operation
- A copy of a manufacturer's area marketing analysis
Obtain Your Auto Dealer Bond
All license applicants are required to purchase and hold a valid surety bond during the entirety of the period when they are licensed.
Bond Amount Required: $25,000
Submit Your Dealer License Application
Fill out your application and gather all supporting documentation.
Fee: $400 License Fee and a $200 Administrative Fee
Mail your application to:
Mississippi Motor Vehicle Commission 1755 Lelia Drive, Suite 200 Jackson, MS 39216
The commission reviews applications on the third Wednesday of each month.