Idaho Wine Tax Bond

A new Idaho bill that was recently enacted requires businesses who store and handle wine to obtain a surety bond.

Details on the New Requirement

The bill titled ID H 343 requires licensing in order to store and handle wine as a bonded wine warehouse. A licensed applicant must hold a federal permit and “may be required to post a continuing wine tax bond of such an amount and in such a form as may be required prior to the issuance of a bonded wine warehouse license.”

All wine shipped to and from a bonded wine warehouse would remain under bond and no tax imposed would be due, unless the wine is removed from bond and delivered to a licensed distributor.

How to Apply for a Surety Bond

If you find that you must obtain this surety bond, you’ll need to contact a bond provider who is licensed to to business in Idaho. JW Surety Bonds is licensed nationwide, so please feel free to reach out to us if you’d like assistance with obtaining this bond.

Eric is the Chief Marketing Officer of JW Surety Bonds. With years of experience in the surety industry, he is also a contributing author to the surety bond blog. He has held a range of different roles within the surety industry, from agent assistant to bond issuer, which gives him a unique insider perspective on surety related topics.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *