Custom Bond (continuous & single entry)
Learn more at our full video library
- What is the cost of a US customs surety bond?
The fee depends on the goods being imported and the assessed risk of the importer. You can get an online quote if you want to find out what your costs will be.
- Why do I need a customs bond?
It protects U.S. tax dollars by guaranteeing that importers of goods will pay taxes and duties to US Customs. It is sometimes referred to as an importer surety bond.
- What is the difference between a continuous customs and single entry customs bond?
A continuous customs bond is used for importing multiple entries of goods at various ports. A single entry bond is only used for one entry at one specific port. We handle both types of customs bonds.
- How long will the application take?
Our online application only takes minutes. You can apply for an online quote at any time.
- Do you handle Canadian customs bonds?
No. We do not handle any international bonds.
- Are custom bonds insurance for me?
No. They are insurance for the U.S. government's collection of tax revenues from importers.
- What is the difference between reconciliation and non-reconciliation bonds?
Reconciliation only applies to continuous customs bonds. Reconciliation entries require a rider updating the information on the bond and additional premium. All single entry bonds are non-reconciliation as they are ineligible for the reconciliation process.